In a recent study, IDC found that 64% of organizations said they were already using open source in software development with a further 25% planning to in the next year. Most organizations are unaware of just how much open-source code is used and underestimate their dependency on it.
As enterprises grow the use of open-source software, they face a new challenge: understanding the scope of open-source software that's being used throughout the organization and the corresponding exposure.
This IDC report addresses several key topics:
- Risks involved with using open-source software (OSS)
- How to manage these risks, including OSS license compliance
- Business benefits to the organization beyond risk mitigation
- Software supply chain best practices
- Key trends in industry and government regulation